With Easter only a couple weeks away I am reminded of the significance of the meaning of Easter and what Jesus Christ did for us 2000 years ago by shedding His blood when He was crucified. Some know the 7 places He shed his blood and the significance of each but have never seen it in outline form while others are not aware there are 7 places He shed His blood. I would like to share this information for everyone to reflect on with the meaning of each. I pray this blesses you as much as it does me.
The 7 places Jesus Shed His Blood
- Garden of Gethsemane – The first place Jesus shed his blood was in the Garden of Gethsemane and at this time He won back our will power that Adam lost in the Garden of Eden. Jesus said “not My will Lord but Thy will be done”.
- The whipping post –The second place Jesus shed His blood was at the whipping post. Jesus was flogged 39 times for all disease.” “for by His stripes we are healed”.
- Crown of Thorns – The third place Jesus shed his blood was when the soldiers placed a crown of thorns on His head. This redeemed us from the curse of poverty.
- From His hands – When the spikes were driven into his hands. Everything we put our hands to God will cause to prosper because of this.
- His feet – When the spikes was driven through His feet this blood redeemed us from our loss of dominion and authority.
- His side – When the soldier shoved a spear into His side to be sure He was dead this blood flowed forth from His broken heart and won back our joy.
- His bruises – The seventh place His blood was shed was His bruises. (A bruise bleeds under the skin) He was bruised for our iniquities. He went to the gates of hell and took back the keys to the kingdom to break the curse of iniquity over us.